White Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats, Better Than the Original and Just in Time for a No-Bake Valentine
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosures here.
What can be as easy to make and even better than a Rice Krispy treat? I’ll tell you, white chocolate, peanut butter Rice Krispy treats. Almost a decade ago, I found a local candy shop and saw an intriguing Rice Krispy look-alike called a Wipe Out Bar. Over the next few weeks, I ate just a few. Maybe more than a few. I became obsessed with these bars.
To feed my habit, I decided to recreate the recipe so I could make these yummy treats at home. I ultimately came up with this recipe, and it not only comes close, I think it is better than the original.
If you are looking for a treat to make this Valentine Day and you have neither the time nor the inclination to bake, consider throwing a batch of sssnoo’s Wipe Out Bars together. The batch I made over the weekend lasted two days.
Only four ingredients are needed: crispy rice cereal, peanut butter, white chocolate morsels, and mini marshmallows.
Easy to make gluten-free
Further, this recipe is easy to adapt to s gluten-free diet. While Rice Krispy brand cereal is NOT gluten-free, gluten-free options are available. I haven’t tried them with non-peanut forms of nut butter, and I always use the Skippy brand because I like it best (creamy all the way, baby!).
If you make this recipe with a nut butter substitute, will you tell us about it in the comments, please?
I usually make this recipe in a classic bar shape, but it is adaptable. This year I sculpted a heart for Valentine Day. It can also be molded into a loaf and cut in slices similar to the original bars I bought in the candy shop. Basically, the shape is only limited by your imagination.
Mold into hearts or some other creation
Great for bake sales, pot lucks, picnics and more
Keep this white chocolate, peanut butter Rice Krispy treat recipe on hand for the next time you need to bring a treat to a bake sale, pot luck, or picnic. You will be very popular and won’t have any leftovers to bring home. Of course, you will need to make a double batch, so your family at home has some too. Enjoy!
PS – This would make a perfect dessert after a family-friendly dinner of Chicken and Dumplings.
SSSNOO’s Wipe Out Bars
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 48 1x
- 8 cups Rice Krispy cereal or similar
- 2 12 oz packages white chocolate morsels
- 1 16 oz jar peanut butter (creamy or chunky, I use Skippy Creamy)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Prepare a 9×13 inch pan, either lining it with non-stick foil or with buttered regular foil
- Place the cereal in a large bowl
- Melt the white chocolate morsels over low heat in a sturdy saucepan. Stir and watch carefully so the chocolate does not scorch.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- Mix the peanut butter/white chocolate mixture into the cereal, folding gently.
- Add the marshmallows, mixing in evenly
- Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared pan and using buttered hands or a piece of plastic wrap press the mixture firmly into the pan.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cut into squares
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Serving Size: 48, 1.5 inch suares
- Calories: 159.61 kcal
- Sugar: 11.59 g
- Sodium: 40.05 mg
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.75 g
- Trans Fat: 0.01 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.79 g
- Fiber: 0.52 g
- Protein: 3.28 g
- Cholesterol: 2.98 mg
You may also like this easy family dessert recipe
Blueberry Orange Loaf Cake
Fresh, aromatic, and oh so delicious, this simple orange loaf cake smells as good baking as it tastes. I’ve made it for decades and it’s always a hit.