This easy meatloaf combines ground turkey with prepared stuffing, infusing it with traditional Thanksgiving flavor. Top it with a cranberry-balsamic glaze and you have an easy tasty Thanksgiving main course.
For the loaf
- 1/2 cup prepared Stovetop Stuffing mix (cornbread or chicken flavor). Save the remainder to bake with the turkey loaf)
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 Tablespoons beaten egg (half an egg) (see notes)
- 2 Tablespoons milk (see notes)
- 1 Tablespoon diced celery
- 1 Tablespoon grated onion
- 1 Tablespoon Craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1 Tablespoon French’s Crispy Fried Onions
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasonings
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the glaze
- 2 Tablespoons cranberry sauce (jellied or whole berry)
- 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup (optional)
- Butter a 32 oz rectangular covered glass dish (see notes)
- Prepare the stuffing mix (bag of stuffing, 1 1/2 cups hot water, 1 Tablespoon butter) and fluff gently with a fork. Put 1/2 cup in a bowl, and the remainder in the buttered glass dish.
- Mix the celery, onion, French’s onion, Craisins, egg, milk, poultry seasonings, salt, and pepper gently into the 1/2 reserved stuffing.
- Crumble the ground turkey over the mixed ingredients from the previous step
- Mix together gently
- Form an oblong loaf with the turkey mixture..
- Mix the cranberry sauce, vinegar and ketchup (if using) together with a fork or spoon.
- Place the formed turkey loaf on the bed of stuffing in the glass dish.
- Spread the cranberry glaze on the top of the loaf.
- Cover the dish, place in Hot Logic Mini, zip closed and plug in.
- Cook for 2 hours.
It can be challenging to halve an egg. To make it easier, whisk a large egg with 4 Tablespoons milk, then remove 4 Tablespoons of beaten egg/milk mixture for the recipe. Save the remainder to use in scrambled eggs.
The nutrition information below is for the glazed turkey loaf. The extra stuffing cooked with the loaf is about 539 calories, or 279 calories per serving.
- Category: Van Cooking
- Method: Hot Logic
- Cuisine: Holiday
Keywords: Thanksgiving; Turkey,